Trilane Retinol + Vitamin C Moisturizer
What is it?
The power of retinol without the harshness—Visibly reduce the signs of aging for more luminous, brighter skin
Trilane® Retinol + Vitamin C moisturizer gives you everything original Trilane® Anti-Aging Moisturizer with Squalane offers, plus age-fighting and skin-renewing antioxidants to leave your skin smoother, more even, for a more radiant, youthful glow.
– Smoothes and evens out skin texture
– Speeds turnover of skin cells
– Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
– Protects your skin from environmental damage
– Diminishes brown spots
– Minimizes and unclogs pores
– Gentle enough for everyday use
How does it work?
From Healthy Directions:
Science and Quality
Retinoil-5 contains a unique combination of 5 ingredients that give you the wrinkle-fighting power of retinol without any redness, irritation, or flaking.
- RETINOL erases wrinkles and smoothes skin. The superstar of skin renewal, retinol works on a molecular level to speed up cell turnover, revealing fresh, new skin cells and glowing skin beneath. Clinical studies1 show retinol works to:
- Reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles
- Fade away brown spots
- Boost skin-plumping collagen
- Smooth the skin texture
- Shrink unsightly large pores
Retinoil-5 provides retinyl palmitate, a precursor to retinol that’s blended together with retinol to give you all the benefits without the harshness of pure retinol!
- VITAMIN C helps retinol work better! This powerhouse antioxidant helps protect against the aging effects of the sun and free-radical damage. And it helps clarify and brighten skin for a more even skin tone. Plus, research shows that vitamin C helps retinol work better!So you get even more age-fighting power, but still none of the irritation or redness.
- POMEGRANATE hydrates and calms your skin. This superfood is packed with micronutrients, antioxidants, and phytosterols that not only work on the inside of your body—but work like magic when applied to parched or aging skin. Its sterols increase skin hydration and its fatty acids calm and soothe skin.
- LICORICE brightens and evens out skin tone. The root of licorice (which contains glycyrrhetinic acid) when applied topically helps soothe irritated, inflamed skin and acts a skin brightener to help even out skin tone. It’s also known for its ability to help fade dark spots.
- CUCUMBER rejuvenates and “cools” skin. This favorite summer vegetable has been used for hundreds of years as a facial treatment and remedy for skin irritation thanks to its cooling effect. Its high alkaline level also helps improve your skin’s pH and neutralize acidity.
A 2-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study suggests that freeze-dried Aloe vera extract improves skin hydration.2
Squalane is naturally found in your sebum, a critical substance in the skin’s outer layer that keeps your skin moist, soft, and free from wrinkles. The trouble is squalane levels peak in your 20s, then start to decline. It’s one of the reasons we lose that dewy, luminous look, especially after age 40 when squalane levels really start to run dry.
When you lose squalane, your skin loses elasticity, gets drier, and becomes more prone to wrinkles. But when you replenish your skin with squalane, it’s like feeding your skin its own natural moisturizer. Squalane has been used as an ingredient in topical creams and cosmetics for several decades.3
In a double-blind, placebo-controlled human clinical study, researchers evaluated the skin application of jojoba esters. The results showed a decrease in dryness, roughness, and flakiness in just 30 minutes; reduced fine lines in one hour; and visibly improved skin firmness in 5 hours.4
1Randhawa M, et al. J Drugs Dermatol. 2015 Mar;14(3):271–80.
2Dal’Belo SE, et al. Skin Res Technol. 2006 Nov;12(4):241–6.
3Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Squalane and Squalene. pg 41.
4Schwartz S, et al. International Research Services, Inc. Final Report. May 8, 1995.
What’s in it?
Uses: Trilane® Retinol + Vitamin C contains a proprietary blend of gentle, yet effective, 100% natural anti-aging ingredients to speed cell turnover and leave your skin radiant
Directions: This product is an all-natural formula and some slight settling of ingredients may occur. If this happens, shake gently to combine before applying.
How is it used?
For best results: After cleansing, apply generously to face and neck in the morning and evening.
Who is Healthy Directions?
Our business originated in the newsletter division of Phillips Publishing International (PPI) more than two decades ago.
In 1985, PPI began expanding its newsletter offerings to include natural health–related titles that featured advice from alternative medicine doctors. These included the 1991 launch of our flagship letter, Dr. Julian Whitaker’s Health & Healing, and the acquisition of Mountain Home Publishing and the newsletter Alternatives, both owned by Dr. David Williams.
The health advice was well-received, and readers began calling to find out where they could buy the nutritional products recommended by our physician editors. We helped point them to safe, appropriate sources, and then began working with the doctors to formulate their own supplements.
The rest, as they say, is history.
In 2004, the business was sold and officially rebranded as Healthy Directions. Today we are proud to be a leading health publisher and direct-to-consumer retailer of doctor-formulated nutritional supplements and skincare products, dedicated to helping people lead healthier, happier lives. Healthy Directions provides expert guidance and advanced nutritional supplements from America’s most knowledgeable and highly respected integrative and alternative health doctors including Julian Whitaker, MD, Dr. David Williams, Stephen Sinatra, MD, Susan Lark, MD, Aaron Tabor, MD, Richard Wurtman, MD, and Joseph Pergolizzi, Jr., MD.
Does it work?
I was actually already a fan of Healthy Directions before trying this product, and I didn’t realize their connection to this moisturizer until I sat down to write the review! If anything, Trilane Retinol+Vitamin C Moisturizer made me love Healthy Directions even more. I expected a serum, but this product is kind of a serum-moisturizer hybrid. It’s less cloudy and oily than most serums, but it’s not as thick and creamy as a typical moisturizer. The product is actually fairly runny and looks almost like perfume in the bottle. The packaging feels nice and expensive, which is always a plus for me. I love a glass bottle! Luxurious packaging makes using beauty products feel more like pampering. The pump is very functional–it’s sanitary (keeps bacteria out) and helps control how much product is dispensed. However, it seems to shoot out of the pump sometimes, which can be an issue. This moisturizer feels amazing going on the skin, and it takes a few minutes to sink in. If you’re going to follow it with a cream, make sure to give this product time to sink in completely. It leaves my skin looking fresh, dewy, and clean. I can’t speak for how well it works on wrinkles, but my mom has tried it a few times and is impressed with the results. Her face looks a little firmer, and she loves how the product feels going on! It does seem to be helping my dryness, and I’m not having flaky skin near as often. I’ve very sensitive to scents in beauty products, and there is little (if any) scent to this one. I notice a faint minty smell when applying, almost like vapor rub, but it’s not too strong and quickly disappears. Trilane Retinol+Vitamin C Moisturizer is a little pricey, but one bottle will last you for awhile. And it could potentially replace several products in your beauty arsenal. If you’re interested, check out the coupon code below!
Where do I get it?
Trilane Retinol+Vitamin C Moisturizer is available on Amazon. Save 20% off your first purchase of Trilane Retinol + Vitamin C sold by Healthy Directions on Amazon.com. Use code SAVERETC Promotion code expires 12/31/15. Make sure you choose the one sold by Healthy Directions!! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K3FY3GE
*I received this product in exchange for my honest review.