• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share a few “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser for the week comes from Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I’m thoroughly enjoying this book. It’s nominated for Best Fiction in Goodreads Best Books of 2013. Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald is up for Best Historical Fiction! You can check on what I’m currently reading or add me on Goodreads here.
“But I couldn’t move. The hours had become surreal, an island out of time. I was the only other person in the house, and I was still afraid to leave him.” Chapter 6, Page 85
Here’s the back cover info:
They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose.
Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life–she comes from a close family, will probably marry her boyfriend, Patrick, and has never been farther afield than the castle that is the prime tourist attraction of her tiny village. But when the local cafe where she works closes, she takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor. Will is wheelchair bound after an accident ended his life as he knew it–big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel–and he is not interested in exploring a new one.
Will is acerbic, moody, bossy–yet Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. In turn, Will prods Lou to expand her ambitions, but she has her reasons for wanting things to stay the same as they have always been. When Lou learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living. What neither of them knows is that they are going to change each other for all time.
Me Before You is about two people who couldn’t have less in common–a heartbreakingly romantic story that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy means breaking your own heart?
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog).
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway!
- Teaser Tuesday – Smitten (randomamb.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesdays (Nov. 19) (shouldbereading.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesday – A Sweethaven Summer (randomamb.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesday – Love a la Carte (randomamb.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesday – I Remember Nothing (randomamb.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesdays November 19, 2013 (bookloversattic.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesday (Nov 19) (cynthiastacey.com)
- Teaser Tuesday 11.19.2013 (bookconsumeddiva.wordpress.com)
- Tuesday Teasers (jemmyfarmer.wordpress.com)