• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share a few “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser for the week comes from I Remember Nothing and Other Reflections by the amazingly talented Nora Ephron. I was looking through the book and couldn’t choose between two teasers in Chapter 1, so I shared them both! Hope you enjoy.
“A month earlier, I’d found myself in a mall in Las Vegas when I saw a very pleasant-looking woman coming toward me, smiling, and I thought, Who is this woman? Where do I know her from? Then she spoke and I realized it was my sister Amy. You might think, Well, how was she to know her sister would be in Las Vegas? I’m sorry to report that not only did I know, but she was the person I was meeting in the mall.” Chapter 1, Page 5
“You can’t retrieve your life (unless you’re on Wikipedia, in which case you can retrieve an inaccurate version of it). But you can retrieve the name of that actor who was in that movie, the one about World War II. And the name of that writer who wrote that book, the one about her affair with that painter. Or the name of that song that was sung by that singer, the one about love. You know the one.” Chapter 1, page 11
If you haven’t read anything by Nora Ephron, you’re missing out! I love her writing. And her movies!
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway!
- Teaser Tuesday – Love a la Carte (randomamb.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesdays (Oct. 15) (shouldbereading.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesday – The Inn at Rose Harbor (randomamb.wordpress.com)